MQ: Transforming mental health is the UK’s first and only publicly funded mental health research charity. As we grow and begin to reach out to a larger audience, we are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic volunteer to assist us in managing and developing MQ supporters who seek to volunteer with us.
- Assistance with the day to day management of current volunteers, including MQ Ambassadors.
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of Ambassador and community outreach events.
- Distribution of MQ materials to volunteers to support them with their activities, with a view to efficiently allocating our resources.
- Building relationships with new volunteers to ensure a high quality experience for them and a maximising of their talents towards benefitting MQ.
- Supporting the MQ team in developing our current volunteer offering as the charity develops over the coming years.
- Contributing to the improvement of MQ as a charity where and when appropriate.
- Excellent personal manner and relationship management ability
- Ability to provide efficient, on-time and accurate support
- Comfort working with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers or activists preferable
- Belief in the value of volunteering, volunteers and activism.
- Keen to contribute towards a vision of transforming mental health.
- Empathetic and sensitive towards people experiencing mental health conditions
- Pragmatic and positive in approach
- Comprehensive support from an engaging and approachable member of the MQ fundraising team
- Full induction and ongoing training as appropriate
- Bi-weekly 1:1s with the MQ Corporate and Community Engagement Manager.
- An opportunity to genuinely contribute to the work of a fantastic charity and grow a community of activists
- Be part of an effort to transform mental health for the 1 in 4 of us who experience a condition each year.
- Full reference from MQ
Please note this is a part time role (exact time commitment negotiable but ideally three days per week) based at the MQ office in London. We would initially seek a volunteer who is able to commit to a minimum of three months.
To apply please email John Alexander-Finch at email@example.com with a copy of your CV.