Volunteer Welfare Team Leader - Waltham Forest
How you will make a difference to cats
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care.We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
Without the passionate and committed teams volunteers across Cats Protection we wouldn’t be able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us for help. Our welfare team leaders have the important role of co-ordinating, encouraging and supporting teams of volunteer fosterers and cat care assistants. They help make sure other volunteers with direct cat care roles are happy and confident and provide advice and guidance when needed. This incredible teamwork means we are able to help more cats and kittens in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Co-ordinating and supporting cat care volunteers and fosterers
- Making sure Cats Protection’s quality of care is provided to all cats
- Observing policies, procedures, minimum veterinary and cat care standards
- Keeping up to date records of cats in care and helping match cats to new homes
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by leading and supporting other volunteers in direct cat care roles. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- A well organised and practical approach
- The ability to deal with sensitive situations
- The capability to bring out the best in others
The time expectation for this role will vary depending on the number of volunteers and cats in care. Our welfare team leaders usually spend between 10 to 12 hours per week in this role which flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
Apply for Volunteer Welfare Team Leader - Waltham Forest
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly