Volunteer Publicity Team Leader - Croydon Branch
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
As a publicity team leader, you will guide and support your team of publicity volunteers, ensuring that the vision of Cats Protection and the activities and achievements of your volunteer group in helping cats and kittens in need are widely publicised in your local community.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
- You will work closely with the newsletter, social networking and website volunteers, advising them on the focus of content in the newsletter and web posts
- Working with other volunteers to ensure that information and multimedia promoted is positive, accurate and consistent with the aims of the charity
- You will also work with your group committee and National Cat Centre to organise media campaigns and respond to local media requests
Skills and experience required or could be developed:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with a range of people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
- Good IT skills
- Editorial skills and experience in PR/marketing would be an advantage
Time this role requires:
This is an important in all our busy branches and adoptions centres; this is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. It is not unusual for our Publicity team leaders to volunteer for 3-4 hours per week.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Communications and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.