Hospital Shop Volunteer: Friends of Hammersmith Hospital
About the opportunity
We are looking for someone to join a friendly and tight-knit team of volunteers serving members of the public, members of staff and other visitors within the hospital shop at Hammersmith Hospital. You’ll provide outstanding and empathetic customer service with a patient, calm and friendly manner from one of the most thriving areas of the hospital site. You’ll be proficient in processing both cash payments and paypoint transactions using a till. There will also be opportunities to help fundraise too!
About Imperial Health Charity
Imperial Health Charity is an independent charity raising funds for research and projects, curating an extensive art collection and managing the volunteering programme that all help improve patient healthcare at the five London hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea, St Mary's and Western Eye hospitals.
What are we looking for?
• Ability to work independently and with others
• A patient, calm and friendly manner
• Ability to deal with customers in a helpful and empathetic way
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in handling money
• Experience in using electronic till system/cash registers and/or willingness to learn
• A flexible approach, and a willingness to get involved
• Physical fitness and capability to move shop stock as required
• Ability to work the computerised systems, or willingness to learn - training will be given
• Experience in providing customer service in a retail or catering environment is desirable
What will you get out of it
You’ll be volunteering with a close-knit, friendly and welcoming team who are wholly committed to helping patients and visitors. This role will also provide any volunteer with experience in a hands-on customer service role, and the opportunity to gain new skills supporting one of the busiest parts of the hospital.
In line with our volunteer expenses policy, we’ll reimburse out of pocket expenses for travel and refreshments.
Role: Shop Volunteer – Friends of Hammersmith Hospital
Location: Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, Shepherd's Bush, London (W12 0HS).
When: Ideally we are looking for individuals who can volunteer at least once a week on either a Tuesday between 1pm-3pm or on a Thursday between 3.30pm and 6.30pm.
Commitment: We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of six months with us initially.
In return for your time and energy, we will provide training and support to get you set up in the role, a uniform and identification to wear onsite, reimbursement of travel expenses up to £5 and recognition for the time you volunteer. This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a retail role as well as the satisfaction that you are helping people in your local hospital to have a better experience during their stay.
How to apply:
• Download the role description and application form.
• Fill out the application form and return it by email or post - details can be found on the application form
Selection and Appointment Process:
•We will review and shortlist all applications received, applicants who meet what we are looking for will be invited to interview.
•Interviews will take place to give us a chance to meet potential new volunteers and for them to meet us and see what we do. Roles will be offered to suitable applicants
•The Volunteering Department will take up two satisfactory references, which we require prior to any new volunteer starting with us. Upon receipt of those, you will then be invited to attend a Core Training session as part of our induction journey for all new volunteers before you start in your role.
Apply for Hospital Shop Volunteer: Friends of Hammersmith Hospital
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly