Membership Office Volunteer
Royal Museums Greenwich’s Membership team has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and IT literate volunteer to help with the administration of the Membership scheme. This is especially suitable for those with an interest in Museum Development.
This role will provide office support to a small, busy and friendly team. The Membership Office at Park Row will provide the base location but you may be asked, at times, to volunteer across different sites of the Museum.
This is a great time to join Membership as it implements its ambitious targets for future growth. Currently the Museum has 7,800 Memberships and we are aiming for 10,000 by the end of the financial year. Further details can be found at http://www.rmg.co.uk/join-support/membership
Coordinated by: Membership Officer
Helping with the daily tasks of the Membership Office, including
- Processing new Memberships and renewals
- Updating Members’ data on our database system
- Assisting the Membership Officer with our financial processes
- Assisting with Members’ enquiries via telephone and email
- Assisting with any other duties as required
Support at Members Events
- Provide assistance at Members Events, including preparation, administration and attendance
- Helping to enhance communications with Flamsteed Astronomy Society (FAS), the amateur astronomy society within our Membership scheme. More information on FAS at http://flamsteed.info
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong IT skills and experience of databases and Excel, having an especially strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for the work of the Museum and a desire to enrich our Members’ experience
- Desire to contribute to the success of the Membership scheme
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of an ambitious team at a time of major growth
- Gaining insight into the Museum’s Membership scheme and procedures
- Having access to museum staff and expertise, and gaining knowledge and skills in a national Museum
- Developing your administrative and communication skills
- This role is ideal for someone keen to develop a career in museums
- Training and induction provided
You will also have access to discounts in our shops and restaurants. Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £10 per return journey (conditions apply). Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
Minimum 1 weekday per week. The role is expected to continue for a minimum of 3 months and candidates should be able to commit to this length of time, with the possibility of extension. Your volunteering would generally be on a weekday but would include occasional evenings and weekends for Members events.
How to apply:
To apply please forward a covering letter and CV, together with our Diversity Monitoring Form found on the website, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have a CV please complete an application form instead.
Emailed applications are preferred. Alternatively apply by post:
Helen Webb, Volunteer Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
London SE10 9NF
If you have any questions about this voluntary role please phone Helen Webb on 020 8312 6543
Closing date Monday 25 September 2017
Informal interviews are planned for early October 2017