CLIC Sargent Representative
We are looking for new volunteers to join our team of CLIC Sargent Representatives throughout Lancashire. You’ll be giving your time to represent the charity in your local community; to be our voice, and to assist with fundraising and awareness raising activities near you.
Blackpool is an area we’ve identified as having lots of potential for development, so you’ll be doing really exciting, important work helping to grow the charity’s presence in the area!
What you’ll be doing:
This is a flexible role, and we will look to work around the skills and competencies you will bring with you. The role is a proactive one, with a focus on developing relationships with new supporters, and can include -
· Organising local fundraising events in your area i.e. a cake sale, coffee morning or sporting sweepstake;
· Promoting CLIC Sargent to contacts in your area. For example, businesses, schools or community groups;
· Researching and approaching (with support from your local Fundraising Manager) potential corporate supporters of CLIC Sargent;
· Managing CLIC Sargent “collection can” distribution in your area;
· Organising and delivering talks/presentations about the work of CLIC Sargent to local groups and clubs
· Working with local press to help promote our activities in the area;
· Championing CLIC Sargent in your place of work, using your professional networks to spread the word and promoting fundraising opportunities.
What skills or experience you’ll need:
· You should be 18 or over;
· A good knowledge of your local area, and the passion to drive opportunities in the area;
· Good research skills, & a desire to develop those skills;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, to represent CLIC Sargent in a professional manner;
· Happy and willing to approach and talk to new people and groups in your local community – you don’t need to have lots of experience, just enthusiasm;
· Willingness to learn and work with the guidance of your key contact in the fundraising office.
We will require two references for this role.