Trap Neuter & Return Volunteer
A bit about this role
Unfortunately thousands of cats each year are abandoned or have strayed and rely on charities like Cats Protection for help. Becoming a TNR volunteer is one way you can make a real difference to cats in your local area. Our TNR volunteers help reduce the number of feral cats by raising awareness of our TNR programmes, setting humane traps to safely capture cats, taking them to local vets to be neutered, and hopefully returning them back to their territory. Local TNR programmes are crucial, as feral and abandoned cats present a huge challenge for communities across the UK.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Trapping cats using humane methods
- Taking cats to local vets to be neutered
- Returning cats to their territory or finding a suitable alternative
The role might also include:
- Regular feeding of feral colonies
- Promoting neutering by building relationships with farmers, land owners and local businesses
- Liaising with vets to promote and arrange neutering