Front of House (Reception) Volunteer
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
The Square is our Family Support Centre, where families (including patients, parents, siblings and grandparents) who have been affected by children’s cancer can come for a coffee and a chat, as well as access a variety of support services. Front of House Volunteers help to provide a welcoming environment to families and other visitors to the Square. Activities include:
- Meeting and greeting families and other visitors
- Making drinks for families and visitors
- Answering the telephone, transferring calls and taking messages
- Making bookings and updating our database
- Keeping the reception area clean and tidy
- Keeping the kitchen, meeting rooms and other communal areas clean and tidy
- Cleaning and maintaining the coffee machine
- Setting up rooms for meetings and events
- Updating statuses on the Square Facebook page
- Assisting the team with other tasks and activities as required
- Maintaining professional boundaries and adhering to Candlelighters’ policies and procedures.