Ad-hoc Community Event Volunteer
We are always looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join our Volunteer Pool to take an active role in assisting with fundraising events and activities throughout the year.
With no minimum commitment of time, Volunteer Pool members are expected to assist in fundraising activities when they can, on an ad-hoc basis.
Activities you may be asked to take part in can include:
- Publicising events
- Recruiting participants
- Engaging with your local community
- Helping with preparations for the events
- Stewarding and assisting at events
Volunteers in the Volunteer Pool will be notified of upcoming opportunities on a regular basis via email and will be expected to respond to calls for action as and when they are able.
As a valued volunteer, you will gain:
- Ongoing support from the SASH Fundraising Team
- Experience of working in the charity sector, particularly in fundraising
- The opportunity to be part of a vibrant team of people making a real difference to young people facing homelessness across York, North Yorkshire and East Riding.
All volunteers will be asked to fill in an application form, complete an induction and sign an agreement before they are added to the pool.
Volunteers play a vital role in fundraising for SASH and as ambassadors for us within your communities. We couldn’t do it without you!
As a volunteer, you will bring your own skills and experience to the role and we offer a flexible approach to our roles to ensure that you are encouraged to take part in activities that suit those talents wherever possible.
But no matter what your level of experience or your skill set, you can get involved.
Our volunteers are all:
- enthusiastic and committed to supporting our work preventing youth homelessness.
- creative and flexible
- trustworthy, reliable and work well within a team
- willing to undertake some weekend and evening work during events
- comfortable dealing with members of the public
If this sounds like you and you would like to find out more about our ad-hoc volunteer opportunities, please contact us to arrange an initial meeting and receive an application form.