We’re looking for a number of creative and enthusiastic volunteers to join our Volunteer Fundraising Team. This post will encourage and support you in undertaking vital fundraising activities for SASH, while being part of a vibrant and passionate team of people.
You’ll become part of the team for a minimum of 12 months and be keen to engage in a range of community fundraising activities, including organising your own fundraising events during the year.
New members of the Volunteer Fundraising Team will undertake the following:
- Each member will organise at least one fundraising event of their own within any 12 month period
- Assist with at least one other event organised by a Volunteer Fundraising Team member, as required
- Be added to our volunteer database to be kept updated with all opportunities and take an active interest in assisting SASH fundraising activity throughout the year
- Support a number of fundraising activities across the year, including:
- Publicising events (including your own)
- Recruiting participants
- Engaging with your local community
- Helping with preparations for the events
- Stewarding and assisting at events
- Share contacts and networks where possible and appropriate
As a member of the Volunteer Fundraising Team, you will gain:
- Quarterly socials; a chance to get together with other volunteers and share experiences, requests and networks
- Support and materials to get the most out of their fundraising event(s) including
- Posters, leaflets and other promotional materials
- Help with press releases and other marketing copy
- Advice on risk assessments, ticketing and event management
- Promotion on SASH social media channels and communications where appropriate
- Ongoing support from the Fundraising Team at SASH
- The chance to be part of a vibrant team of people making a real difference to young people facing homelessness in their communities.
- Experience within the charity sector, particularly community fundraising
Volunteer Fundraising Team members will be required to sign a fundraising agreement committing to the above and will be expected to commit for a minimum period of 12 months.
Volunteers play a vital role in fundraising for SASH and as ambassadors for us within your communities. We couldn’t do it without you!
As a volunteer, you will bring your own skills and experience to the role and we offer a flexible approach to our roles to ensure that you are encouraged to take part in activities that suit those talents wherever possible.
But no matter what your level of experience or your skill set, you can get involved.
Our volunteers are all:
- enthusiastic and committed to supporting our work preventing youth homelessness.
- creative and flexible
- trustworthy, reliable and work well within a team
- willing to undertake some weekend and evening work during events
- comfortable dealing with members of the public
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply to become a member of our Volunteer Fundraising Team, please contact us to arrange an initial meeting and receive an application form.