Corporate Research Volunteer – North Scotland
CLIC Sargent needs you to support our fight for young lives against cancer by giving your time and skills to help us build relationships with businesses in the North of Scotland. With your help, we want to build up our corporate contacts and discover new opportunities for Charity of the Year partnerships, corporate volunteering and much more. You’ll be using your local knowledge and research skills to really make an impact on our presence and fundraising in the North of Scotland.
What will you be doing?
- Use your local knowledge and research skills to build a list of local businesses and larger companies based in North Scotland
- Gather information about those local businesses and companies relevant to their charitable giving and relationships with charities
- Researching current Charity of the Year partnerships and finding out when they renew
- Looking up Community or Charity Champions for businesses
- Compiling this information in a way that you can share with the Fundraising Engagement Manager, who’ll be able to use this information to approach the organisation and begin a relationship. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to this too!
What we are looking for?
- We are looking for an organised individual with local area knowledge
- You’ll have excellent research skills, and want to use this volunteer role as an opportunity to develop those skills
- You’ll be comfortable with online search tools such as Google & LinkedIn, and able to use Excel to create simple spreadsheets
- You’ll be comfortable in working on your own initiative
- We want you to be passionate about CLIC Sargent and our fight for young lives against cancer
This is a flexible role which you can work on in your spare time. We’d recommend putting aside an hour or two a week, but you can work out what suits best for you.
Volunteers can be based anywhere in North Scotland, particularly looking at Inverness, Aberdeen and the Highlands & Islands.
We will require two references for this role.