Community Cat Champion Volunteer
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we strongly believe that neutering cats before they can breed is an essential part of cat ownership. Unfortunately some people have misconceptions about neutering, for example, that female cats should have one litter of kittens before being neutered. Our community cat champions play an important role in helping promote neutering in local communities. They build relationships with members of the public, encourage people to neuter their cats, dispel myths about neutering and ultimately help prevent unwanted cats in the future.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Talking to members of the public day-to-day and at events
- Promoting neutering campaigns and offering advice
- Linking with community groups to share neutering messages
- Attending community events to promote neutering campaigns
- Helping arrange transport for people to get their cat to the vet to be neutered
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in your local area by encouraging owners to neuter their cats and raising awareness of the benefits of neutering. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A calm, friendly manner
- The ability to speak to people from different backgrounds
- A passion for meeting new people, building relationships and networking
- Knowledge of your local area
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good IT skills
- The ability to travel by own or public transport
Our community cat champions usually spend 2 to 10 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Community Cat Champion Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly