Fundraising Volunteer - running a nationwide challenge
Do you want to gain professional fundraising experience? Come and help us run a nationwide fundraising challenge two days a week for 15 weeks!
The Bar Pro Bono Unit and LawWorks are two leading national charities supporting access to justice through pro bono. Both are located at the National Pro Bono Centre, in Chancery Lane, London.
The Law School Challenge is an annual fundraising project where law schools and law students raise funds to support the vital work of the two charities. Every law school’s contribution makes a difference – but it is also a competition to see who can raise the most!
Our aim is to encourage as many law schools as possible to take part - and also for them to be as competitive as possible to maximise the overall total raised.
The law school that raises the most receives a special award at a Student Pro Bono Awards event at the House of Commons, presented by the Attorney General.
This is a fantastic opportunity to volunteer with two leading charities, and also gain experience in fundraising, marketing and communications.
You will be working with two great, friendly and committed teams here at the National Pro Bono Centre.
With support, you will play a key role in delivering our project plan for the Law School Challenge.
In return, we are looking for someone who can show good attention to detail and accuracy, who is a great communicator, and who is confident in using email and social media. Expenses will be reimbursed up to £50 per week for travel and £5 a day for sustenance.
About the role:
The volunteer will be supported by the Head of Fundraising and Communications at the Bar Pro Bono Unit. The role will start week beginning 4th September, and will last 15 weeks volunteering 2 days per week.
Main activities will include:
- To plan and promote the Law School Challenge
- To recruit Law School Challenge teams from across the country
- To motivate Law School Challenge teams using email, phone and a variety of social media channels
- To help produce and share fundraising resources for Law School Challenge teams
- There may be other tasks identified which will be discussed and agreed with you.
The successful applicant will have all of the below:-
- Some demonstrable fundraising experience
- Confident and able to show experience of using social media – including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel , Outlook e-mail and the internet.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work well as part of a team; being ready to be open about what may be working and not quite so well, and 100% reliable
- A clear understanding and commitment to the aims of the Bar Pro Bono Unit and LawWorks and access to justice
About the charities
LawWorks, the leading pro bono charity for solicitors, connects people in need of legal advice and assistance with the skills and expertise of lawyers willing to meet those needs for free. LawWorks is committed to enabling access to justice for those in need of legal advice through a growing network of over 220 legal advice clinics and the brokering of legal advice for small not-for-profit organisations. The Bar Pro Bono Unit is a national charity that match-makes members of the public in need of legal advice with barristers who are willing to donate their time and expertise on a pro bono basis.
Deadline: Midnight GMT on Sunday 27th August 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 30th August 2017