Volunteer Shop Assistant - Maypole Shop
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. By volunteering in a Cats Protection shop, you will raise much needed money and awareness to support the great work Cats Protection carries out each year, helping thousands of cats and kittens get a second chance in life.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
- Assisting with the day to day running of the shop by serving customers and arranging and replenishing stock
- Assisting the shop manager and other members of the team in discussing and implementing changes to shop layout, pricing etc.
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare and promoting the work of the charity will also be important when talking to our customers
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Confident in dealing with money
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Previous experience in retail an advantage
This is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Retail, Fundraising and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.