Candlelighters provides practical, emotional and financial support to children and families affected by childhood cancer throughout Yorkshire.
Ambassadors are a positive voice for the charity, help raise awareness about our work and encourage people to support our work, so that we can expand our services and support to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
The role of an Ambassador is varied and the activities will depend on your own preferences, skills and experience but may include:
- Representing Candlelighters at events and functions
- Delivering talks and presentations about Candlelighters
- Attending cheque presentations (including taking part in photographs where required)
- Receiving donations on behalf of Candlelighters
- Running information and fundraising stalls
- Promoting ways people can get involved, either as supporters or volunteers
- Researching potential awareness raising or fundraising opportunities in the local area
- Supporting with other fundraising events and activities where possible.