We are looking for a Fundraising Volunteer who is able to support our fundraising team for 2 weeks in August (with possible extension) with our Eve 4 Eve campaign which runs as part of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month (GCAM) in September.
About The Eve Appeal
The Eve Appeal is the only UK national charity raising awareness and funding research into the five gynaecological cancers – womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal. We were set up to save women’s lives by funding ground-breaking research focused on developing effective methods of risk prediction, earlier detection and screening whilst also raising much-needed awareness of these women-only cancers and their signs and symptoms. Our vision is a future where fewer women develop and more women survive gynaecological cancers.
Tasks will include:
- Researching London Based businesses we could potentially approach to support our Eve 4 Eve campaign during GCAM
- Contacting businesses by phone and email to engage them with our upcoming Eve 4 Eve campaign
- Keeping up-to-date records of which businesses have been contacted and their responses
- Adding information to our database, The Raiser’s Edge, as and when necessary
What skills/attributes are needed?
- Competent in using the computer and Internet
- Confident in able to communicate over the phone and by email with businesses
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Comfortable talking about the charity with external businesses who may/may not have heard about us before
- Good attention to detail and willingness to complete tasks to a high standard
- Creative and able to think outside the box when researching
What is the time commitment?
We are looking for someone who is able to volunteer their time over a two week period, to start with. We are looking for somebody who preferably could come in full time but we are happy to be flexible. Please specify in your application, your preferred two week period in August and the hours that you will be able to do.
Where is the work based?
Our office address is: 15B Berghem Mews, Blythe Road, London, W14 0HN. We are located close to three station stops:
- Kensington Olympia – London Overground
- Hammersmith – District, Piccadilly, Circle and Hammersmith & City Line
- Shepherd’s Bush – Central and London Overground
What training is given?
Appropriate training will be given for each task and there will always be someone close by to assist with any queries.
What expenses will be met?
Out of pocket expenses are met wherever possible providing approval is sought in advance.
If your application is successful you will be invited to an informal interview, following on from which we would ask you to provide two references, one from your previous or current employment/college/university and one character reference (a character reference cannot be from anyone who is related to you).