Volunteer Media Executive
GlobalGiving is looking for a talented and tenacious individual interested in pursuing a career in PR & Media or experience in this sector, with excellent communication skills. The role is based at our London office.
This is an opportunity to work with the across the GlobalGiving staff team, gaining exposure to all areas of our work and be responsible for content generation and pitching in of media articles.
- Relationship building with contacts, colleagues and media – face-to-face, online & via telephone.
- ‘Selling in’ news stories/ features to media.
- Proactive and reactive media engagement, including identifying new opportunities to promote work and reacting quickly to events.
- Researching target media, producing distribution lists and compiling forward features. Researching, writing and distributing press releases.
- Drafting copy for collateral, campaigns, newsletters, websites, feature articles, adverts and other marketing materials.
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage with appropriate metrics.
- Drafting press releases, copy for newsletters articles and direct mail pieces and data cleansing and qualification.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Skills and experience required
- A highly-motivated self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Great telephone matter, not afraid to pick up the telephone
- Excellent written skills
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to network effectively
- Good organisation and time management skills
- You will help GG in its mission to unleash potential to make positive things happen
- You will learn about an incredible array of great organisations and how development works in practice,
- GG will provide you with amazing references to aid your career.
- GG will provide you with direct line management support & monthly supervision
- When you join us, you become part of the GG family (if you like)