Fundraising Coordinator- Coleraine Branch
Animal welfare charities rely a great deal on generous donations from animal lovers. Through local fundraising activities organised and run by volunteers, the charity can obtain those all important donations and raise awareness of their work.
How can I make a difference? Become a Fundraising Coordinator for a Cats Protection volunteer group!
As a Fundraising Coordinator, you will be the primary point of contact for volunteer fundraisers and you will co-ordinate tasks and provide support in the planning and running of local fundraising activities. In addition, you will be on hand to talk to the public and promote a positive and professional image of the charity and be responsible for all funds raised, ensuring that they are accounted for and banked appropriately.
‘Volunteering for Cats Protection has given me the opportunity to make a real difference to lives, not only for the cats that we rescue but also to the people that we meet along the way. My role as a branch fundraiser has taken me to many places and got me involved in all sorts of things that I would never have considered doing before and although it's hard work, it is tremendous fun too and definitely worth a try.’ - Julie Seymour, Mid-Warwickshire Branch.
We welcome applications from all age groups and all areas of the community and are keen to diversify our volunteering workforce.
What are we looking for?
- Are you able to prioritise and delegate tasks?
- Are you well organised?
- Are you a good communicator and motivator?
- Are you comfortable handling money?
- Are you familiar with your local community networks?
This is a key role that will require flexibility and time commitment will vary depending on the type and number of fundraising activities at any given time. It is not unusual for our team leaders to volunteer approximately 3-4 hours per week.
How will you benefit?
- A positive volunteering experience with day to day support, guidance and direction.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated, supportive team for the UK’s leading feline welfare charity.