Trust Assistant Intern
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are determined to end homelessness. We do it person by person and by influencing policies to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
The Trusts and Statutory (T&S) Team work to secure grants/donations from Charitable Trusts and Foundations, the Big Lottery, and Statutory sources, such as central government departments and local authorities.
The Trusts Assistants will primarily work on our Autumn Trusts Mailing project, which will culminate in an appeal to around 1,000 Charitable Trusts and Foundations. The project has an income target of £200,000, all of which will go towards providing our life-changing services for homeless and vulnerably housed people.
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Carrying out desk-based research of new potential grant-givers / donors
- Refreshing the existing Autumn Trusts Mailing list with up-to-date details (using The Raiser’s Edge database system)
- Assisting in the writing of up to six high-quality appeal or update letter templates
- Overseeing the mail-out of over 1,000 appeals
- Supporting the T&S Team with research, applying for grants from small funders and administrative tasks.
The skills & experience we are looking for
- Good IT skills – especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Methodical and a good eye for detail
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills, especially written skills.