Volunteer befrienders offer social contact to people with dementia. You will provide companionship either in their home or in their local community and help the person to take part in appropriate social and/or recreational activities. Your involvement aims to help people to feel less isolated and feel part of an enjoyable social relationship.
What will I be doing?
- Visiting a person with dementia on a regular basis (a few hours a week or fortnight).
- Providing agreed opportunities to participate in social and recreational activities.
- Building trust and companionship to enable the person with dementia or carer of a person with dementia to engage with activities in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Befriending the person with dementia or carer of person with dementia at home and/or in the local community depending on the activities agreed during the matching process.
- Liaising with and reporting to the Befriending Manager on a regular basis including changes or concerns regarding the service user as well as discussing personal learning and development needs.
- Maintaining accurate and legible records.
- Following service standards, service specifications, service boundaries and recognising the range of policies and procedures that impact on the activity being carried out.
This role does not provide personal care.
Apply for Volunteer Befriender
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly