Would you like to be part an established charity that is passionate about children?
This opportunity is for someone with good attention to detail who wants to give back to the community.
Cygnets Playgroup is a small, friendly well-established, community based pre-school run by a volunteer committee generally made up of the parents of attending children. Situated in the northwest Hampshire village of Barton Stacey we pride ourselves on providing learning through play to children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years.
Cygnets Playgroup holds a “Good” OFSTED report and follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework. As a non-profit making organisation we rely on fundraising activities to ensure continued good facilities for the children.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity led by committee members and we are looking for a Treasurer to strive towards our vision of expanding the services we offer the local community, including a possible move into new premises.
· You will be able support Cygnets Playgroup from September 2017 for a minimum period of one year once you have completed a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provided evidence to show your eligibility to work in the UK.
· Meetings are held on a monthly basis on a weekday evening, and typically last 2 hours. During January to May further meetings may be held for the organisation of the Fun Run.
· You are able to assimilate and analyse information from various sources to make decisions to enable further progression for the playgroup.
· Your core IT skills include Excel and you can grasp the basics of accounting.
· You will have the confidence, passion and commitment, working as a team to help us achieve our goals and will offer your views and ideas for consideration.
· Your approach will be professional as you understand the importance of building good relationships within the community to ensure future success, managing any potential challenges sensitively.
About the role
Working in conjunction with the Chairperson, your role as Treasurer is pivotal in enabling Cygnets Playgroup maintain sound financial management of Cygnets Playgroup resources, ensuring that expenditure is in line with objectives and standards, as well as overseeing the management of the payroll and pension scheme by the external provider.
What you will be doing
· Liaising with our external payroll provider to ensure staff wages and expenses are paid, as well as administering any petty cash, maintaining the bank account and updating signatories as required.
· You will be responsible for documenting and analysing expenditure and incoming fees, making payments / issuing invoices and receipts as appropriate. This includes, preparing accounts for annual audit, and presenting the audited accounts at the Annual General Meeting.
· Taking an active part in monthly committee meetings, presenting the latest balance and statement of finances and contributing to general discussion to forward the development of Cygnets Playgroup.
· Acting as an ambassador for Cygnets Playgroup and supporting the organisation of fundraising events including the main event of the year, the Barton Stacey Fun Run held each May.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity, number 1060922
To apply for this role please send a covering letter your reasons for application by 31 July 2017.
Apply for Volunteer Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly