Would you like to be part an established charity that is passionate about children?
This opportunity is for someone with business skills who wants to give back to the community.
Cygnets Playgroup is a small, friendly well-established, community based pre-school run by a volunteer committee generally made up of the parents of attending children. Situated in the northwest Hampshire village of Barton Stacey we pride ourselves on providing learning through play to children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years.
Cygnets Playgroup holds a “Good” OFSTED report and follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework. As a non-profit making organisation we rely on fundraising activities to ensure continued good facilities for the children.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity led by committee members and we are looking for a Chairperson to strive towards our vision of expanding the services we offer the local community, including a possible move into new premises.
· You will be able support Cygnets Playgroup from September 2017 for a minimum period of one year once you have completed a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provided evidence to show your eligibility to work in the UK.
· Meetings are held on a monthly basis on a weekday evening, and typically last 2 hours. During January to May further meetings may be held for the organisation of the Fun Run.
· You will have the confidence, passion and commitment to bring together a team to help us achieve our goals and can draw from a wealth of experience to offer your views and ideas.
· Your approach will be professional as you understand the importance of building good relationships within the community to ensure future success, managing any potential challenges sensitively.
· You are able to assimilate and analyse information from various sources to make sound decisions to enable further progression for the playgroup.
· Previous experience in child related environments would be beneficial.
About the role
As Chairperson your role is pivotal in both helping to shape the future of Cygnets ensuring a high quality experience for children, and in building and maintaining relationships with other organisations and groups in the community.
What you will be doing
· Setting the overall direction for Cygnets Playgroup and ensuring Cygnets meets the standards required by both OFSTED, including the Pre-School Learning Alliance Constitution Model and the charities commission. In addition to this you will make sure we maintain compliance within all relevant legislative and regulatory areas, including health and safety, safeguarding and supervision.
· You will have line management responsibilities for Playgroup staff, including appraisals, performance management and development of staff, alongside any recruitment requirements.
· Overseeing the Committee members and chairing meetings including monthly meetings, Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings to ensure that all committee members are consulted and kept up to date, inviting an open forum to discuss new ideas.
· Working in conjunction with the Treasurer, maintaining sound financial management of Cygnets Playgroup resources, ensuring that expenditure is in line with objectives and standards, as well as overseeing the management of the payroll and pension scheme by the external provider.
· Providing direction and supporting the organisation of fundraising events including the main event of the year, the Barton Stacey Fun Run held each May.
· Acting as an ambassador, promoting and developing Cygnets Playgroup to facilitate growth and maintain its relevance in the local community.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity, number 1060922
To apply for this role please send a covering letter your reasons for application by 31 JUly 2017.
Apply for Volunteer Chair
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly