Volunteer Fundraising Liasion
Would you like to be part an established charity that is passionate about children?
This opportunity is for someone with good organisational skills who wants to give back to the community.
Cygnets Playgroup is a small, friendly well-established, community based pre-school run by a volunteer committee generally made up of the parents of attending children. Situated in the northwest Hampshire village of Barton Stacey we pride ourselves on providing learning through play to children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years.
Cygnets Playgroup holds a “Good” OFSTED report and follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework. As a non-profit making organisation we rely on fundraising activities to ensure continued good facilities for the children.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity led by committee members and we are looking for a Fundraising Liasion to strive towards our vision of expanding the services we offer the local community, including a possible move into new premises.
· You will be able support Cygnets Playgroup from September 2017 for a minimum period of one year once you have completed a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provided evidence to show your eligibility to work in the UK.
· Meetings are held on a monthly basis on a weekday evening, and typically last 2 hours. During January to May further meetings may be held for the organisation of the Fun Run.
· You are able to prioritize and have strong organisational skills ensuring timescales are met.
· You will have the confidence, passion and commitment, working as a team to help us achieve our goals and will offer your views and ideas for consideration.
· Previous experience organising events, or managing projects would be beneficial. Your core IT skills include Word and Excel.
· Your approach will be professional as you understand the importance of building good relationships within the community to ensure future success, managing any potential challenges sensitively.
About the role
Working in conjunction with the Chairperson, and other members of the committee your role is pivotal in organising key fundraising events throughout the year to enable Cygnets Playgroup to continue to provide a high quality experience for children.
What you will be doing
· Have responsibility for the efficient organisation of various fundraising events held throughout the year.
· Acting as an ambassador for Cygnets Playgroup and providing primary support for the organisation of fundraising events including the main event of the year, the Barton Stacey Fun Run held each May.
· Taking an active part in monthly committee meetings, and contributing to general discussion to forward the development of Cygnets Playgroup.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity, number 1060922
To apply for this role please send a covering letter your reasons for application by 31 July 2017.
Apply for Volunteer Fundraising Liasion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly