Volunteer Committee Members
Would you like to be part an established charity that is passionate about children?
This opportunity is for someone who wants to give back to the community.
Cygnets Playgroup is a small, friendly well-established, community based pre-school run by a volunteer committee generally made up of the parents of attending children. Situated in the northwest Hampshire village of Barton Stacey we pride ourselves on providing learning through play to children aged 2 years 6 months to 5 years.
Cygnets Playgroup holds a “Good” OFSTED report and follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework. As a non-profit making organisation we rely on fundraising activities to ensure continued good facilities for the children.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity led by a committee and we are looking for additional committee members to strive towards our vision of expanding the services we offer the local community, including a possible move into new premises.
· You will be able support Cygnets Playgroup from September 2017 for a minimum period of one year once you have completed a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provided evidence to show your eligibility to work in the UK.
· Meetings are held on a monthly basis on a weekday evening, and typically last 2 hours. During January to May further meetings may be held for the organisation of the Fun Run.
· You will have the confidence, passion and commitment, working as a team to help us achieve our goals and will offer your views and ideas for consideration.
· Your approach will be professional as you understand the importance of building good relationships within the community to ensure future success, managing any potential challenges sensitively.
· Organisation, administration, IT, finance, HR or any experience fundraising or organising events would be beneficial but not essential.
About the role
We constantly welcome new committee members to contribute new ideas and support us to continue to provide a high quality experience for children.
What you will be doing
· Acting as an ambassador for Cygnets Playgroup and providing primary support for the organisation of fundraising events including the main event of the year, the Barton Stacey Fun Run held each May.
· Taking an active part in monthly committee meetings, and contributing to general discussion to forward the development of Cygnets Playgroup.
Cygnets Playgroup is a registered charity, number 1060922
To apply for this role please send a covering letter your reasons for application by 31 July 2017.
Apply for Volunteer Committee Members
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly