Website Editor Volunteer - Bath & District
“I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere.” Jeanette Greaves, Preston Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
By promoting the vision of Cats Protection and the activities and achievements of your local volunteer group through their website, you will play an important role in keeping people in your area in the know about how Cats Protection are making a big difference in the lives of cats and kittens in need.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
Your role will involve liaising with other volunteers working across different areas of the group such as rehoming and welfare, fundraising, recruitment and publicity to source news, information and multimedia to make regular posts on the group’s website.
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with a range of people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound IT skills
- Editorial and photo editing skills would be an advantage
This is a flexible, home based role and can be shared with other volunteers. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Communications and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.