Transport Volunteer - Bath & District
‘I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere.’ Jeanette Greaves, Preston Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. This is one of the most valued roles within our groups, you will help by collecting and distributing equipment and supplies to other volunteers and staff and help cats get from A to B! You will play an important part in providing support to other volunteers and staff, enabling them to carry out their roles effectively to help cats in our care.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
- Collection and delivery of funds raised by the group
- Transporting equipment, litter and cat food
- Transporting cats to and from vets, fosterers’ homes and adoption centres
- Transporting equipment to and from events
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Sound organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of local community
- Full, clean driving licence
- Physically able to carry out some heavy lifting
This is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. The role is home based, but does need to be within the local area of the recruiting group. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Warehouse and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.