Cutty Sark Family Learning Volunteer
Role Description: Cutty Sark Family Learning Volunteer
Cutty Sark has a popular programme of events for family visitors, including art and making workshops, storytelling and live interpretation. We are looking for a team of committed volunteers to help support that programme on the first weekend of the month and during school holidays. You will have access to discounts in our shop and café and be able to include experience gained at Cutty Sark on your CV.
Coordinated by: Cutty Sark Learning Manager
- To assist freelancers and staff with the set up for workshops and activities, including preparing and tidying away materials
- To welcome and assist families at events, ensuring they have an enjoyable experience
- To support the delivery of family activities as required
- To assist with evaluating workshops and events
- To record attendance numbers for events
What we’re looking for in our volunteers:
- Some experience of working with children
- Enthusiasm for learning about Cutty Sark’s history and stories
- Excellent communication skills; friendly and welcoming
- Able to work alone and use initiative
- A commitment to good customer service
- Reliability and good time-keeping skills
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to develop your knowledge about Cutty Sark and heritage learning
- Experience of working in a busy heritage attraction
- Experience of working with the general public, families and young people
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Development of customer service and organisational skills
- Development of communication skills
We’re looking for Volunteers to help with weekend and weekday holiday activities, with typical hours of around 10.30am-4.30pm. We ask for a 3 month commitment in the first instance.
Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £10 per return journey (conditions apply) and there are discounts in our cafes and shops. Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
How to apply:
To apply please forward a covering letter and CV, together with our Diversity Monitoring Form found on the website, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have a CV please complete an application form instead.
Emailed applications are preferred. Alternatively apply by post:
Helen Webb, Volunteer Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
London SE10 9NF
If you have any questions about this voluntary role please phone Helen Webb on 020 8312 6543
Closing date: Wednesday 12 July