Footprint Fundraising Volunteer
A rewarding volunteer role. You’ll make a significant contribution to the success of a prestigious heritage project, by promoting and supporting fundraising activities.
The Footprint Project is transformative – it will restore and renew Bath Abbey for generations to come. As part of Footprint, there are exciting building and restoration works underway, plus the introduction of a groundbreaking sustainable energy system using water from the thermal springs. Innovative interpretation and collections care will be enabled by Footprint, as well as the creation of a new Song School and Discovery Centre.
As a Footprint Fundraising Volunteer, you’ll be encouraging donations to the Footprint Project by promoting our Localgiving Match-Fund Campaign to Abbey visitors, and helping Abbey visitors to make an online donation via the Localgiving webpage.
- Promoting the Footprint Localgiving Match-Fund Campaign to Abbey visitors, at the Footprint exhibition in the Abbey.
- Answering questions about the Footprint Project and Bath Abbey.
- Helping Abbey visitors make an online donation via the Footprint Localgiving Match-Fund Campaign webpage. Supporting them to access the webpage on a laptop.
- Updating your Volunteer Supervisor on Abbey visitors’ engagement with the Footprint Localgiving Match-Fund Campaign, feeding back helpful points when appropriate.
- Attend training with Bath Abbey and Localgiving.
This Role Suits People with the Following Characteristics/Skills
- A friendly personality.
- Polite and confident about meeting and speaking to people from around the world.
- Excited about achieving targets.
- Able to interest people in the Footprint Project.
- Confident using a laptop computer.
- Good web skills. For instance, you will:
- Have experience with online payments (i.e. you have used online shopping, purchased something on eBay, or paid someone via PayPal).
- Have experience with sending email and uploading photos from a digital camera.
- Happy to be on duty in the Abbey alone, or as part of a small team.
- Punctual, dependable and honest.
- Open to receiving feedback from your Volunteer Supervisor.
What We Can Give You
- The opportunity to gain new fundraising/development skills if you are looking to start your career, or to use the ones you already have. This role will give you valuable CV experience and we are happy to provide references.
- A sense of “a job well done” as you go home for the day, knowing you are helping us deliver the transformative Footprint Project, which will maintain the Abbey for future generations.
- A beautiful and tranquil place to be part of, in a bustling heritage city.
- The opportunity to meet a wide range of people from all over the world, with plenty of laughs, smiles and interesting conversations.
- You will receive supportive training from the Footprint team and Localgiving.
- If you speak another language, you will have an opportunity to practice it here!
- You will be part of a caring and dynamic organisation at a time of exciting change, prompted by the Footprint Project. You will be part of a larger community of Abbey volunteers and will be included in training, participation and social events.
- All volunteers receive a 10% discount on items for sale in the Abbey souvenir and book shop.
- A free Tower Tour as part of your induction.
The Footprint Localgiving Match-fund Campaign runs from 1 July 2017 to 30 September 2017. Volunteering sessions are Monday to Sunday, with 3hr sessions from 10am to 1pm and 1pm to 4pm.
The amount of time you spend with us each week can be flexible, but we would appreciate a commitment of at least one session per week.