Volunteer Activity Organiser
Volunteers needed for local children’s bereavement service.
Would you like a fun creative and rewarding role working with children?
Family Care is a voluntary social work and adoption agency working with children, families and vulnerable adults throughout Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Spiral Bereavement is a service provided by Family Care offering emotional support for children and young people affected by bereavement.
Following a bereavement children and their families can sometimes feel very isolated with their grief. That is why Spiral aims to provide regular social activities for children and their families to enable them to meet with others, share experiences and have fun.
Therefore we are currently looking for Volunteer Activity Organisers to help us run and organise our social activities and workshops.
- It is hoped that volunteers will commit to a minimum of 4 to 5 activities each year.
Previous experience of working with children or families is not necessary, and we welcome volunteers from all backgrounds with all sorts of skills. However, volunteers will need:
- To be reliable and responsible
- To have good communication skills
- To be flexible and creative
- To have enthusiasm
- To be a good listener
- To be non-judgemental and committed to Spiral’s Equal Opportunities Policy
What Spiral can offer you:
- Spiral will provide full training and regular support
- You will have the opportunity to work as part of a friendly, experienced creative, diverse and multi-disciplinary team
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Gain skills and experience working children/families
If you are interested or have any questions we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Delphis Akintunde on 0115 9603010