Volunteers needed for a local children’s bereavement service.
Would you like a fun creative and rewarding role working with children?
Family Care is a voluntary social work and adoption agency working with children, families and vulnerable adults throughout Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Spiral Bereavement is a service provided by Family Care offering emotional support for children and young people affected by bereavement.
We are currently looking for Volunteer Befrienders
As this role involves developing a relationship with a family, child or young person we require a minimum of a 6 month commitment from volunteers.
Time and days can be flexible.
Although experience of working with children or families is desirable it is not necessary. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds with all sorts of skills. However, volunteers will need:
- To be reliable and flexible
- To be creative and have good communication skills
- To have enthusiasm
- To be a good listener and have the ability to provide emotional support
- The ability to cope with stressful situations
- To be non-judgemental and committed to Family Care’s Equal Opportunities Policy
What Spiral can offer you:
- Spiral will provide full training and regular support
- You will have the opportunity to work as part of a friendly, experienced creative, diverse and multi-disciplinary team
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Gain skills and experience working children/families
If you are interested or have any questions we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Delphis Akintunde on 0115 9603010