Online Fundraising Volunteer - Skegness, Spilsby & Alford
A bit about this role
As a charity we rely on funds donated by generous members of the public to continue to help cats and kittens in need. Our fundraising volunteers are part of a passionate team that help raise funds to help our feline friends in need. They help plan and deliver exciting and varied fundraising events, which can be anything from craft fairs, cake sales, sponsored abseils – and anything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Organising online donations and selling products to raise funds
- Raising funds through social networking sites and websites
- Asking for pledges and raising awareness of how donated funds are used at Cats Protection
- Sharing fundraising ideas and putting these ideas into practice
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and help raise funds that will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good IT skills
- Good understanding of spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Willingness to be part of a team
- The ability to use own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of online fundraising (would be an advantage)
Our online fundraisers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.