- To welcome visitors to the RHS Harlow Carr Library and respond to enquiries.
- To interact with the public and provide information about the Library and Harlow Carr gardens, such as maps, membership information and RHS leaflets. To provide information on any activities / facilities in the Bramhall Learning Centre.
- To issue, discharge and renew library books, and re-sensitise and re-shelve returned books, using the library management system (Sirsi Workflows).
- To record daily operating statistics, and information on book use, visitor feedback, reader suggestions, and queries (Word and Excel).
- To register new readers or researchers using the library management system, and promote the benefits of library membership.
- To ensure the book shelves are kept tidy and in good filing order throughout the day and leaflets and literature are re-stocked.
- To ensure the library is a clean, tidy and welcoming environment for visitors.
- To process new stock for addition to the collection such as labelling and book jacketing, and undertake repairs / maintenance of existing stock, as necessary.
- To be well informed of current and forthcoming events at the Garden.
- To assist library visitors to find information held by the library and to answer enquiries about library services, liaising with library staff as necessary.
- To sell merchandise and take cash payments
- To undertake such duties as may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth running of the Garden Library.
Desirable Qualities and Skills
- Have a polite and friendly manner.
- Ability to listen and interpret questions accurately.
- Computer literate (MS Office); training will be given on the library management system.
- Enjoy working as part of a small team.
- Confident asking questions and managing own work flow.
- An interest in horticulture with some knowledge of RHS Garden Harlow Carr, and the charitable work of the RHS.
- A good level of fitness is required for shelving and moving books, and reaching upper and lower shelves.
Additional Terms and Information
- We are currently seeking a number of volunteers for Saturdays and Sundays, and occasional weekday hours. Weekend hours will be 11pm - 4pm. The occasional weekdays cover 12pm - 4pm. There may be additional hours to cover special events. (Other opportunities may also arise).
- You will be given training in the tasks that you are asked to carry out, as well as a Volunteer Handbook and Health & Safety training appropriate to the activities you will be undertaking.
The Benefits for You
- Share and develop your communications, customer service and organisational skills.
- Gain experience to add to your CV.
- Meet like-minded people and be part of an enthusiastic team.
- Learn more about the RHS charity and how to get involved, including opportunities to support on-site events.
- You are able to claim back transport expenses up to a max £15 (round trip) for public transport, or a 30 mile round trip at 45p per mile per volunteering day
- 20% off full price items at RHS shops and Plant Centres
- Access to RHS gardens (for yourself)
- Two complimentary RHS show tickets (for Cardiff, Hampton Court Palace and Tatton Park Flower Shows) are also available for those volunteers who complete 50 volunteering hours over a 12 month period from February to January.