We are looking for a Volunteer Business Mentor/Advisor who can work helping us to provide support to young people who are interested in starting or have recently started their own business.
We are looking for someone experienced in business who genuinely cares and gains a sense of achievement from helping others and will take an active interest in their mentee.
As the Business Mentor you will be required to have previous experience in a relevant business role, and in the role will be expected to:
- Have regular meetings with a young person who is interested in starting, or has recently started their own business.
- Provide a young person with support to move towards employment, education or training.
- Support a young person to identify goals and targets to work towards.
- Empower them to make their own decisions about their development.
- Signpost young people to other organisations for support if necessary.
A valid DBS check would be advantageous however not essential as we can provide this. Previously mentoring experience would also be hugely advantageous.