Trustee - Health & Clinical Background
About the opportunity This is a voluntary opportunity to contribute to the Governance of Dorothy House Hospice Care.
In addition to the usual Trustee responsibilities, this role will include:
- Contributing to or advising on any specific health and clinical projects
- Deputising for the nominated clinical Trustee of the Clinical Governance Sub Committee when required
- Liaising with and supporting the Executive Clinical Leads and Medical Director in their respective roles
- Providing strategy and policy advice to the Board on health and clinical issues
- Taking a specific interest in the work of the Patient and Family Services departments
- Having a working understanding of regulatory requirements e.g. Care Quality Commission
- Being a member of the Patient and Family Services Committee.
About Dorothy House Hospice Care
Dorothy House Hospice Care is an organisation driven to provide the very best care and support to patients, families and carers across our 700 sq miles. Over the last 40 years we have supported and cared for over 45,000 patients, carers and families. We are innovative and pioneering and deliver exceptional care as recognised by our recent award of an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Care Quality Commission. We have a vision and bold plans for the future. Our mantra for our patient is a simple one: ‘You matter because you are you, and you matter to the end of your life. We will do all we can not only to help you die peacefully, but also to ‘Live until you die.’ (Dame Cecily Saunders)
Our aim is to equip individuals and communities with the knowledge and skills to respond to life-limiting illnesses with dignity, compassion and – above all – humanity. Our education and training programmes are at the forefront of this work.
What are they looking for?
Any Trustee must live and/or work in the Dorothy House geographical area and have:
- A commitment to palliative care
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Integrity and Strategic Vision
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to extending their knowledge and understanding of the work carried out by the Dorothy House Foundation.
Specifically for this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has an appropriate qualification specific to their area of expertise
- Is a member of a relevant clinical professional body
- Has experience as a clinician/health service manager at a senior level.
Must live and/or work in the Dorothy House geographical area.
Expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.