Fulham Good Neighbour Service
Contact: Lucia Ciolanel
70 Rosaline Road
About Fulham Good Neighbour Service
Fulham Good Neighbours support mainly older people, including those with dementia, with a range of services such as:
- Good Neighbour Scheme – practical help at home. We do what any good neighbour would: collect medication, escort to appointments, accompany shopping and take care of pets to name just a few.
- Digital Inclusion Project - matching volunteers with older people who wish to learn to use the internet.
- Befriending Decorating Gardening clearances done by our gardener and Adopt a Garden Scheme where volunteers look after a garden close to them on a regular basis Social Clubs to help beat isolation and loneliness:
- Fulham Lunch Club and other clubs; - Silver Club at the White Horse; - Silver Club at the Hollywood Arms; - Art Group;
- Shared Reading Group.
- We also offer our hall to other local small groups supporting older people for regular or one-off meetings.
- Connections 4th Generation – is our dedicated project supporting over 85 year olds who have recently been discharged from the Charing Crossing Hospital.
All our volunteers are checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service and our clients' confidentiality is respected at all times.
Fulham Good Neighbours is a local charity enabling neighbours to create a community where they look out and care for each other.
Our mission is to enable local older, disabled and vulnerable adults to:
- Live independently and to contribute to society,
- Help overcome isolation and loneliness,
- Be at the heart of the community by providing practical support.
Our Values are:
- Being welcoming and inclusive;
- Proactivity and flexibility;