Volunteer Female Counsellors/Art Therapists
Exciting opportunity for volunteer female Counsellors/Art therapists to join our team for the East and West London projects (Counselling Placement)
Woman’s Trust is a BACP accredited Person-Centred/Humanistic counselling service
East and West London Volunteer Counsellor/Art Therapist essential requirements are:
- Counsellors/Therapists need to be in personal therapy for 1 year minimum
- Follow the person-centred/humanistic approach
- Be in their second year of a diploma course or equivalent
- Have one year experience of working with clients (30 supervised client hours or equivalent experience).
The benefits of having a placement with us are:
- Free supervision (fortnightly for two hours)
- Travel expenses reimbursed (up to £9.50 per day)
- Telephone expenses reimbursed
- Support by the counselling staff team member
- Possibility of working with clients with a number of presenting issues and from a variety of backgrounds
- Fully insured
Counsellors/Therapists have the opportunity to work in East London (Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Greenwich, Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Waltham Forest) and West London (Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham) during the day and/or evening.
Please note: Due to the needs of women using our service, the minimum commitment is 4 clients per week. Counsellors will be required to attend Woman’s Trust’s 2 hrs supervision on a fortnightly basis and a 3-day induction training.
The deadline for the application is Sunday 27th August 2017 midnight; Interviews will be held from the week of the 4th September 2017 and the training dates are: 19th, 21st and 22nd September 2017. Attendance to training is compulsory if successful at the interview stage.
All placements are for female Counsellors/Therapists only. The Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies. Please note that a CV will not be accepted
More intakes are set during the year and applications will be accepted outside these times.
“Being a volunteer counsellor at Woman’s Trust has surpassed all of my hopes and expectations; the women I have met in this role have brought new meaning to the words courage, resilience and hope. I have been invited in and joined them on their journey to new possibilities-it is a humbling experience and a privilege.”