Exhibitions and Design Administration (Records Management) Volunteer
Role Description: Exhibitions and Design Administration (Records Management) Volunteer
The Exhibitions & Design Department at Royal Museums Greenwich is seeking enthusiastic and committed volunteers to support the administration of the project office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in project management and records management to gain valuable experience in one of the world’s leading museums.
The Exhibitions & Design Department is responsible for project managing temporary exhibitions, semi-permanent galleries and permanent galleries, as well as maintaining existing galleries. It is a particularly exciting time to join us as we work on the Endeavour project, with four new world class galleries opening in late 2018.
Successful applicants will gain an understanding of how permanent galleries and temporary exhibitions are created and maintained, as well as experience in records management. You will be working on transferring past project files to our record management system (TRIM) although the role has the potential to develop beyond this.
In-house training on skills and systems relevant to the role will be provided.
Coordinated by: Project Support Assistant
What the role involves:
- Assist the Exhibitions Project Support Assistant in digitally archiving past gallery and temporary exhibition projects in TRIM.
- Support project managers with their digital filing.
- Perform physical filing and organisation tasks.
- Other ad-hoc tasks within the Exhibitions team as needed.
What we are looking for in you:
- Extremely accurate and high attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out routine and repetitive tasks.
- Experience of physical and/or digital filing.
- Good IT skills.
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Previous project management experience.
- Experience of working in cultural heritage.
- Experiences of large databases.
One or two weekdays per week. The role is expected to continue for a minimum of three months with the option of extending beyond this point. Usual hours will be 10.00-16.00.
Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £10 per return journey (conditions apply) and there are discounts in our cafes and shops. Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
How to apply:
To apply, please forward a covering letter and CV, together with our Diversity Monitoring Form (found at http://www.rmg.co.uk/work-services/jobs-volunteering/volunteering-opportunities), to email@example.com.
If you are sending a CV it is not necessary to complete an application form as well.
Emailed applications are preferred. Alternatively apply by post to:
Helen Webb, Volunteer Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
Park Row, Greenwich
London, SE10 9NF
If you have any questions about this role please phone Helen Webb on 020 8312 6543
Closing date: Sunday 16 July 2017