Diabetes UK’s mission is that by bringing people together to work in partnership, we will support those living with diabetes, prevent Type 2, make research breakthroughs in diabetes, and ultimately find a cure.
How we do this:
- We listen to and work with people with diabetes, healthcare professionals and many others to drive change.
- We develop, deliver and champion the most effective ways for people to manage their diabetes, or their risk, so they can live their lives with confidence.
- We build a strong community of support that finds and shares the knowledge needed to fight diabetes.
About the Fundraising Champion role
To work with the Regional Fundraising Team and local supporters to increase fundraising support across the region by attending local events, promoting events in the local region. The Regional Fundraising Team works across their area to increase income for Diabetes UK. Much of our work is in the area of supporting volunteer fundraisers as well as regional corporates and local and fundraising groups
Main tasks and activities
- To attend cheque presentations locally on behalf of Diabetes UK
- To give talks to groups such as rotaries about the work of Diabetes UK
- To support Diabetes UK events in your local area including promotion and attendance
- To have a Diabetes UK stall at local fairs, fetes, etc. to raise funds and provide information about Diabetes UK
- To place, collect and bank money from collection tins locally
We are looking for people who are:
- Someone able to commit to the agreed hours and provide reliable support
- An ability to communicate in a confident manner to a range of different groups including children, people with diabetes, volunteers
- A willingness to learn about diabetes and the work of Diabetes UK with a view to delivering key messages in line with the charity’s communication and brand policies
- Ability to empathise with those affected by diabetes and to talk about diabetes in a respectful and sensitive manner.
- Ideally have own transport and full driving license
What Diabetes UK can offer you
- The opportunity to gain experience of working as part of a busy fundraising team
- Full induction and on-going training e.g, fundraising best practice
- On-going support and supervision in your role
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- Reimbursement of out of office expenses incurred while carrying out activities for Diabetes UK, eg travel, lunch.
- Diabetes UK commitment to Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policy
Apply for Fundraising Champion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly