Institutional, Foundations & Trusts & Corporate Fundraising Trustee
The Martin Fisher Foundation vision is to move TOWARDS ZERO HIV stigma, ZERO new HIV infections and ZERO deaths from HIV in Brighton & Hove by 2025. It is currently working with stakeholders to develop a ‘Towards Zero HIV’ strategy and implementation plan that will set out ways in which everyone can contribute to these important aspirational goals.
Currently the Martin Fisher Foundation has one research programme, but expects to fundraise for several more research studies working across the city, it will also be fundraising to facilitate the coordination of the Stakeholders to roll out the Towards Zero Strategy in Brighton & Hove. The work will focus on five key areas: reducing Stigma, increasing HIV testing, improving access to PrEP, Peer & Patient Support and Championing Research & Evaluation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed Trustee with knowledge and experience of fundraising from institutional donors, trusts and foundations and corporates to join the Board. This Trustee will take an active role to help direct the Foundation’s Fundraising Strategy, enabling us to expand further and consolidate our work and drive the charity forward in its ambitious future plans. (Ideally someone based locally to Brighton but this is not essential).
The ideal candidate will have innovative ideas and be able to think creatively. All Trustees are expected to assist the Foundation to secure a sustainable and diverse funding base for the organisation. An understanding of the voluntary sector and previous experience as a charity volunteer or Trustee are both desirable but not essential.
- Contribute to the development of the fundraising strategy and oversee the implementation of the Institutional and Corporate, trusts & foundations components
- Monitor fundraising progress and hold fundraisers to account and to ask the right questions about fundraising strategy and implementation.
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior fundraising staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Carry out risk assessment at every fundraising stage, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience, suitability for the role and why you would like to be involved with the Martin Fisher Foundation to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date 31st May 2017
Apply for Institutional, Foundations & Trusts & Corporate Fundraising Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly