Candlelighters exists to provide financial, emotional and practical support to every family affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. We support around 150 new families each year and our work ensures the family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
The Trustee Board is made up of parents, medical staff and business individuals, each one bringing their own unique skills. We are now looking for a Treasurer with sound financial experience to help Trustees carry out their financial responsibilities.
The Treasurer will be required to (in addition to the statutory responsibilities of a trustee listed below)
- Liaise with the Charity Director and Financial Accountant with regard to financial issues
- Review and approve the annual Trust accounts
- Chair the Finance Committee which has responsibility for overseeing management and statutory accounts, budgeting and investment performance
- Present financial and investment issues to the Trustees in conjunction with the Trust’s advisers (Auditors and Investment Managers) as and when required.
- Liaise with the Trust’s investment managers and ensure that key issues relating to investment strategy and investment performance are brought to the attention of the Trustees
- Act as a back-up expenditure approver in accordance with the Trust’s Authority levels.
The Statutory Duties of a Trustee
1. To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
2. To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
3. To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
4. To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
5. To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
6. To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
7. To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
8. To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
Apply for Treasurer Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly