Volunteer Book Keeper
Youth Engagement Solutions (YES) is an organisation based in Wembley which aims to turn young people away from criminal activity, unemployment and exclusion whilst helping them to play an active role in their communities providing programmes of prevention, intervention and sustainability.
We are looking for a Volunteer Bookkeeper, ideally retired, who can work 1 or 2 days per week helping us to support the organisation with all financial matters in line with government compliance.
As Volunteer Bookkeeper you will be required to:
- Use QuickBooks to maintain all finances for the organisation.
- Work closely with an Accountant working on a freelance basis to follow process and ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Work compliantly in adherence to audit guidelines and government protocol in order to ensure as a charity they are operating in the correct way.
- Keep records of donation and claiming Gift Aid, daily banking and petty cash, invoices and expenses, payment of accounts and bills amongst other financial responsibilities.
- Producing management reports.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to multi task.
- Prepare end of year accounts for audit.
- A flexible approach to working and a team player spirit to often think outside of the job description to help the rest of the team.
You will be proficient using Microsoft Excel and have demonstrable experience using QuickBooks.
A valid DBS check would be advantageous however not essential as we can provide this. Previously mentoring experience would also be hugely advantageous.
Apply for Volunteer Book Keeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly