Volunteer Fundraiser - Hemel Hempstead Branch
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats in our care rely on generous donations from people who love cats and count on volunteers like you to make those donations happen. Working alongside a team of friendly, enthusiastic volunteers, you will play a key part in raising money and awareness through local fundraising events and activities.
Making a difference to cats can mean raising as little as 18p a day (enough to feed one cat in our care for a day) to a pocket bulging £150 a week (the average cost for a cat in our care) however much you raise you can make a real difference!
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member of the team in the UK’s leading feline welfare charity
What the role involves:
- In this exciting role you will assist with organising and running fundraising events in your local area
- You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas in meetings with other volunteers and then put those ideas into action
- As well as assisting with the running of events, we encourage you to share your passion for cat welfare and promote our work to the public at the event
Skills and experience required or could be developed:
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- Confident dealing with the public
- Comfortable handling money
- Knowledge of local community networks would be an advantage
- This is a very flexible role where the hours you will be needed for are dependent upon the fundraising events you are involved in. It is not unusual for fundraising volunteers to spend 2-3 hours volunteering per week in this role.
How we will support you:
- You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure that you have a positive, enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Fundraising, Volunteering and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.
Apply for Volunteer Fundraiser - Hemel Hempstead Branch
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly