Branch Secretary - Cannock Area Branch
'I believe in doing what you can, when you can. Don't wait until you have more time because that day may never come - start making a difference now!' Heather Cook, Woking & District Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. This role works with other volunteers to facilitate the smooth running of our volunteer branches, groups and adoption centres. By providing administrative support to the group your time will prove invaluable in helping us help cats in your community.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Managing correspondence between group members and enquiries from the general public
- Identifying and distributing useful information to relevant individuals in the group
- Assisting the volunteer group in the planning of activities
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Strong administration skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Competent IT skills would be an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to working as part of a team
This is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. The role is home based, but does need to be within the local area of the recruiting group. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.