Fosterer Support Volunteer - Cardiff
1 day left
- Long Term
"It is fab to be part of a team who creates so many happy endings." Julia Dallosso, Caterham, Redhill and East Surrey Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people: Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. This role provides invaluable and practical support to our fosterer volunteers, ensuring they have all the necessary supplies and equipment they need, allowing them to spend as much time as possible caring directly for the cats in our care. How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
* You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
* You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
* You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
* You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
* You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity What the role involves:
* Being the first point of contact to all fosterers in your local volunteer group regarding their and the cats in care practical requirements
* Arranging the delivery of supplies and equipment such as food, litter, medication, toys and bedding to fosterers homes
* If required transporting cats within the group, to the vet etc
* Working with other key volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the group.
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
* Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
* Good organisational skills
* Level headed and practical
* Ability to work well in a team
* Good interpersonal skills
* Current and valid driving licence
Time expectation: This is a very flexible role; it is not unusual for volunteers to spend 2-3 hours volunteering per week in this role but this can depend on the number of cats in care and the numbers of volunteers in the fostering team. This role can be shared by more than one volunteer. How we will support you: You will receive full training and support in your role. The Branch Coordinator will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction. We also have Volunteering, Warehouse and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.
Apply for Fosterer Support Volunteer - Cardiff
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly