Front Desk / Reception Volunteers
ScotsCare, formerly known as the Royal Scottish Corporation, has been helping Scots and the children of Scots here in London for over 400 years.
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our existing friendly team, who can commit to covering a 4-hour weekly shift on our reception over a preferred period of at least 6 months. Working in pairs, your role will be to; answer and screen phone calls, take messages or transfer to staff, use Outlook to deal with emails and check staff calendars, welcome visitors and help with occasional mail outs, outgoing post and other admin tasks as they arise.
Shifts are either 9 am – 1 pm or 1 pm – 5 pm, Monday – Wednesdays.
In return for your support we can offer you:
- an opportunity to work within a friendly, committed team of staff and volunteers
- invitations to volunteer social events throughout the year, including our annual summer boat trip on the Thames
- expenses for travel
- lunch expenses if volunteering for more than 5 hours
- ongoing support and training
- an opportunity to help in other areas if interested e.g. social events, day trips, befriending.
Skills / characteristics required:
- basic computer skills
- a friendly, cheerful and welcoming manner
- good clear communication and good listening skills
- confident in using the telephone
- good timekeeping and reliable
- empathy for our clients.
Having an interest in Scotland and/ or the Scottish community would be beneficial but you certainly don't need to be Scottish to apply!
Apply for Front Desk / Reception Volunteers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly