Depression in teens is a serious problem. It affects everything in a teenager’s life. It can cause problems at home and school, drug abuse, alcoholism, disrespect for one’s safety, disgust for oneself, intense pain, and, in the worst cases, violence and suicide.
Thankfully, Depression Teens Help is working hard to support young people with depression. But we want to do more. We have ambitious plans to help more teenagers with depression.
That’s where we hope you come in.
- Are you considering a career in fundraising?
- Do you want to develop the skills and experience that will help you make that step into being a paid fundraiser?
- Do you know that skilled fundraisers are in demand?
- Are you looking for a challenge?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then we can help.
We need people to help us raise money to make our ambitions a reality.
That’s why we are looking for a Trainee Fundraiser.
As a Trainee Fundraiser:
- You will gain experience in a range of fundraising methods, such as grant and bid writing, online fundraising, major donors, crowd-funding, events etc..
- You will learn all about charities and what makes them a success.
- You’ll gain a range of skills and experience that will help you to secure a paid role in the charity sector.
You don’t need any specific experience, but if you’ve done any fundraising that’d be useful.
You need to be able to browse the web, send emails and register and login to websites. You need to be able to read and write in English. Good organization skills will be helpful too.
Either way we will provide support, induction and training to help you raise funds and enable us to support more depressed teens.
Oh, and we think you’ll need to spend at least four hours a week on fundraising if you want to get the most out of this opportunity.
Apply for Trainee Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly