Home Vistor Volunteer - Stafford & District
‘We feel our volunteering helps go towards finding a loving home for another homeless cat.’ Helen and John Mole, Downham Market Adoption Centre.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. As a home visitor you will help Cats Protection give cats and kittens in our care a second chance of a happy and healthy life by finding an ideal new home for them in your local community.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
- Visiting potential adopters in their home, providing them with helpful information on basic cat care and the type of cats that would be suitable for their needs and environment
- Communicating and working with potential adopters to complete a homing questionnaire
- Working closely with other volunteers and staff to identify suitable matches based on the information obtained from visits and the nature of cats in care
- Carrying out follow up communications if required
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An appreciation of suitable rehoming environments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of record keeping/administration skills
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- Good communication skills
- Committed to working with others to find homes for the cats in our care
- A valid driving licence would be an advantage
This is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. The role is home based, but does need to be within the local area of the recruiting group. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Veterinary and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.
Apply for Home Vistor Volunteer - Stafford & District
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly